Saturday, January 29, 2011

Post 2 - Answering Dr. Terri's question #2

Hello,

For my second post, I will answer the second question from Dr. Terri's page. 

Question 2:
Find a blog that is relevant to you in your educational employment role.  Review the blog and post your review on your blog. Then also visit two of your classmates blogs and give them some feedback on the blog they reviewed.

The blog I chose was Teaching High School Psychology (THSP). From what I can tell of the site, there are five moderators. Since I am not too familiar with blog terminology, I am assuming that it means there are five people writing posts for the blog. Unlike some bloggers who post once in a blue moon, THSP has a new post almost every day.

Some of the features I love about this blog is not in the posts themselves but in the side panel. THSP has the following: a countdown to the next AP psychology exam, a link to a store for resources on high school psychology, twitter updates, labels that organize the posts according psychology topics, interesting links, other high school teaching blogs, links for textbook publishers' websites, links for must have books for psychology, a blog archive, links to psychology class blogs/sites, and a list of other psychology blogs.

One thing I would change about the site is the format. The background color and font colors can be difficult to read. Additionally, I could not find any information about the blog itself, how it got started, who writes it, etc. However, from my limited experience with it, there are few things I would change. The post lengths are reasonable, and they provide a lot of resources and links in their posts. This blog is definitely a site that I will use when I am a psychology teacher.

2 comments:

  1. Interesting, the blog site even has a countdown to the next AP exam. I agree with you the aesthetics of the blog site can be improved, the blue is so dark, but the wealth of the information this blog provides to you will keep you going back no matter what the color is. I am glad you found a site that is updated on a regular basis.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Moderators might be posters but it might also be people who have the authority to approve the posts and encourage discussion. YOu can set your site to only allow moderation as well.. in order to keep people from being able to post random off topic comments.

    ReplyDelete